Monday, March 23, 2020

A pop-up blog to discuss financial markets during the COVID-19 pandemic

I've been asked by friends and colleagues for my views on various financial markets in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and I thought a pop-up blog might be easier to manage than a series of emails.

I anticipate most readers will be friends and colleagues in the industry, but for those who would appreciate some biographic information, feel free to check my LinkedIn profile.

You'll note that I have no expertise in the fields of infectious diseases, epidemiology, etc. At the same time, it seems one must take some views on the evolution of the pandemic as one considers the macroeconomy and financial markets. So my general approach is to read widely among presumably authoritative sources and whenever necessary do my best to choose judiciously between conflicting medical analyses. I welcome any and all comments that improve on these sources.

Those of you who have received my emails will be familiar with the frameworks I'm using to assess the situation. But for those who haven't received these emails, I'll summarize these in the first few posts.

Otherwise, feel free to comment or email if there are specific topics you'd like me to address.

And in the meantime, good luck to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment